Voluntary work is a great way to gain experience, learn new and improve your existing skills, develop new interests and widen your social networks, all while helping your local community.
At BHI we run a wide range of community engagement and support services which address the needs of the whole community and encompass a wide range of interests. From delivering caring services which work directly with older people, children and young people, to roles which are more creative in nature, like web management or radio production, we have an extensive range of volunteering positions to suit everyone.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for people who are;
- Compassionate, patient and caring
- A good listener; someone who can offer help and support in a non-judgemental manner
- A committed and reliable team worker
- Sensitive and responsive to the needs of others
- Passionate about making a difference in your community
What’s in it for you..?
In addition to the meaningful and positive impact you will have on individuals and your community there are many benefits to becoming a BHI volunteer. Through our volunteer training programme you will receive vocational training and learn and develop many transferable skills and experience which could be beneficial when trying to secure future employment or perhaps change your field of expertise.
Volunteering not only offers new skills but introduces you to a whole new network of people and opportunities. BHI services and activities bring together a diverse range of people from all backgrounds, faiths and cultures. Working as part of BHI will allow you to meet and engage with a whole new group of people, from community members, to other support agencies and council members. You will become part of a wide network of stakeholders who are instrumental in the development of your community.
Taking on new experiences can often lead to developing new passions, interests and hobbies you never even thought about before. These can not only add value to your personal life but can also strengthen your professional life by allowing you to explore new opportunities and expanding your interests.
Current volunteering positions and programmes…
- Befriender scheme – we’re looking for compassionate volunteers who are able to offer support and companionship to people who are lonely and isolated within their community
- Fusion Café Xtra – we need enthusiastic new volunteers to help us to manage and deliver services at our Fusion Café Xtra, a community luncheon club with a difference. The café runs every Wednesday and as well as offering a nutritionally balanced meal for members of the local community each session includes activities which focus on improving the physical and emotional well-being of our clients.
- New and exciting Training Opportunity Fusion@Reginald – later this year BHI is launching a brand new café at Reginald Centre in Chapeltown, Leeds and we’re looking for volunteers to help us. Fusion@Reginald will sell a range of delicious and seasonal soups, sandwiches, salads, juices and coffees, all madewith the highest quality, fresh produce from our local suppliers. We’re looking for volunteers who are interested in gaining work experience in a busy and vibrant service environment with a passion for delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
If you want to apply to volunteer for BHI please bring your CV and cover letter along to us 277 Chapeltown Road, Leeds, LS7 3HA or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information contact Karl Fowler on 0113 3070300